BLUE Communications is the leading global PR and communications consultancy for the shipping and marine, energy and offshore industries, and we’re looking for an account executive to join our office in Oxford.
Working as part of an ambitious, intelligent and dynamic team of communications professionals, the focus of this role is on providing day-to-day PR support to BLUE’s portfolio of clients.
Applicants should be ambitious self-starters, prepared to work in an entrepreneurial environment, both independently and as a key member of the BLUE team. Supported by colleagues with decades of high-level industry and communications experience, the successful candidate will offer support on a variety of global accounts.
BLUE is interested in applications from talented individuals with a demonstrable enthusiasm for shaping communications in its specialist sectors. The ideal candidate should also bring the following attributes:
- Outstanding organisational skills and the ability to effectively juggle multiple tasks
- The ability to write high quality editorial copy and press releases
- An understanding and experience of working with the media
- A track record of supporting the delivery of communications campaigns with proactivity and creativity
- A sound understanding of social and digital media
- Prepared to work independently in a hands-on, entrepreneurial environment
- The ability to grasp complex subjects quickly
- The tenacity to see work through to completion whilst adhering to high standards
- Great client management experience, with the ability to foster strong client relationships
- The confidence and ability to proactively engage with stakeholders face-to-face and over the phone
- At least one year of PR experience within an agency environment (preferred).
As a steadily expanding, privately-owned company, BLUE offers significant opportunities for long-term career development. A global client base also provides potential for international travel.
Interested candidates should submit a CV and covering letter to Careers