For the purpose of the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) the data controller is BLUE Communications, 2nd Floor Mayfield House, 256 Banbury Rd, Oxford OX2 7DE
What data will we collect?
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on www.blue-comms.com. If you use the form to subscribe to our newsletter and mailing list we will keep your details on file to complete this request. We will not share your data with third parties and you can unsubscribe or change your email preferences at will.
- If you contact us via forms, email or telephone, we may keep a record of that correspondence
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, and the resources that you access.
IP addresses and cookies
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns and does not identify any individual.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service.
They enable us:
- To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
- To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our site according to your individual interests.
- To speed up your searches.
- To recognise you when you return to our site
The cookies we use
- Strictly Necessary Cookies: PHPSESSID
- Performance Cookies: Google Analytics (Third Party) – _ga & _gid
- Targeting Cookies: YouTube (Third Party) – GPS, PREF, VISITOR_INFO1_LIVE & YSC
Opting out of cookies
Where we store your personal data
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (EEA). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing.
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. However, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure.
Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act.